The cold months are upon us, and this means that there are many more potential threats to your car. Hash weather and extreme temperatures can take its toll on your vehicle, so you’ll want to take extra precautions to make sure you and your car get through winter in one piece.
To this end, our auto body shop in Seattle offers the following tips:
- A good broom can be the best way to clear snow off of your car. Try finding a short-handled broom to store in your trunk.
- If you get stuck in the snow, a hubcap can serve as a shovel to dig yourself out.
- Try to avoid putting air in your tires when the temperature drops to ten below. The valve may stick and let all of the air out.
- You can keep frost from building up on the inside of your windows by leaving a window open a crack.
- If you track road salt on your carpeting, you can clean it out with a solution made from equal parts water and vinegar.
- Is your washer solvent freezing? Mix your own with one quart of rubbing alcohol, one cup of water, and two tablespoons of liquid detergent. This solvent will serve down to thirty-five degrees below.